Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Wednesdays of Writing are Back...

...I hope! I've been thinking. My life is still crazy, but it has calmed down a bit, and I think I need to blog more. I'm going to try my best to blog every Wednesday and keep you guys informed on my writing pursuits. Tomorrow, I hope to have a book review up because I would love to bring Bookish Thursdays back as well (and then maybe Theatre Tuesdays). But baby steps. Baby steps!

 Next month is National Novel Writing Month. While last year's novel didn't get finished, I hope to have a bit more time for writing pursuits this year. To combat writer's block, I've decided to plot my new story this entire month! I've started already, but there is still a lot to be done and I hope I am ready by November 1.

 My story is entitled 0. That's it. It's a working title. I don't know if it will be the final product or not, but I didn't want to stick to my original working title, The Z Papers. I don't have an official synopsis yet, but 0 is the story of a college drop-out and conspiracy theorist named Elizabeth who finds out that the thesis she bombed during her failed master's degree could be more true than she thought. When she's offered an incredible internship with a large health organization in exchange for her research, she learns more about the increasingly violent outbreak that turns humans into monsters. During her internship, she meets Patient 0, the first victim of the disease who shifts between a mysterious young man and a vicious monster. As things grow more complicated, Elizabeth must make a choice between one man and the world.

 That's a terrible description. If I can I will keep you informed of the storyline and characters as I add them. Right now my main characters are Elizabeth, a Korean-American girl and 0, a man who won't say his name and is infected, though his human side comes out between violent outbursts.

 I'm excited about this story because I enjoy twisting things from the usual. I never thought I'd write anything zombie-related, but I'm attempting to make a virus similar to a zombie-virus appear to be a realistic possibility. Instead of the dead rising, this zombie virus only infects the brain of humans, deteriorating it in a way that makes them fall to basic instincts. (I promise this isn't a typical gory zombie story!) There are some scary diseases out there now that are developing and that was one of the things that inspired this story. The story also deals with the importance of life, terrorism, and finding purpose in life.

 I'm excited! Now to get to plotting... If you want to see some of the images I've found to go along with my story, check out my Pinterest board.

What do you think?

~ a rambling author

No comments: